Sunday 15 March 2015

My Version of a Spring Break

Here is just a quick update about what's going on...

I know it's been awhile since I have blogged, but there hasn't been much happening. I have been on a break from my course for the past two weeks, but it starts up again tomorrow. I was getting a little bored this past week, and I am actually looking forward to starting school again...however, I just looked at the syllabus.Yikes! It's going to be a busy semester. I guess that's good though? I hope I can do well, it seems a bit tougher than last semester so we will see how it goes. 

I have been having a lot of phone troubles this past week. Kyle made me switch my phone number to one that allows for free calling/texting between people on the island who use the same carrier. We are part of some "calling circle". It makes sense to switch, it's just a hassle. Anyway, Kyle put in the new sim card and that's when the problems started. I am not able to use my iMessage anymore with my phone number. It only works with my email. It keeps saying "waiting for activation". Since I have the time, I spent a lot of it calling tech support, online chat, going to the store etc. All of the troubleshooting ideas from online don't work. We have tried, multiple times. It's just very frustrating. Someone said that eventually it just starts to work. However I didn't have this problem with my other number. Finally someone gave me some code to put in. After I spoke to someone who said they don't know what imessage is...(they are supposed to be tech support). Anyway I put in this 14 digit code and now my regular texting doesn't work! Bah! So I can receive calls/texts, and I can make a phone call, I just can't make regular texts. Which means I can't text Kyle, which was kinda the whole point in me switching phone numbers. Sigh...I realize that iphones/texting etc is a luxury I am blessed to have, however let me be honest, it's the 21st century people. We now live in a world where technology runs our lives. As sad as it is, it's the truth, so I would like to be able to text my husband when I want to!! So, I went to the store again, and the woman was actually helpful and said she was sending out an email and they will have to reset the sim card, whatever that means. Well that was on Thursday. It still doesn't work. So I will be back at the store on Monday I guess. At this point I don't even care if my imessage starts to work, because now I just use my email. 

Anyway, some good news, I was supposed to have an interview two weeks ago. They cancelled on me half an hour before, even though I was half way there. They didn't reschedule, but they called me just on Friday so my new appointment is on Monday. Let's hope this one doesn't get cancelled! 

Kyle has another set of exams tomorrow. So for my "Spring Break" I have been baking a lot, and running. So fun. Although I have injured my hip again, so I think I have to take a break from running for a bit. :( 

I have also been reading a bunch. My goal is to read some of the books from the top 100 books to read of all time from Times Magazine. I have read a few already, and now I am reading The Lord of the Rings. Kyle is proud :P. I read the Hobbit in a day, and I'm half way through the first book of the trilogy. It helps having the movies to watch after. Kyle is also excited by that too haha. 

We are both looking forward to April when we are having some visitors come! So only one month until Kyle's parents come for a visit! That will be fun. 

Oh I have also been playing scrabble with Kylie online. Yay.......

Anyway, so as I said, not much has been happening here. Oh Madison and I did go on an adventure to find the Nevis Bakery and this place called Mems Pizza. The bakery wasn't hard to find, but it was right downtown where the roads are narrow. It was kinda scary driving around that area. But we managed, when we got to the bakery, there wasn't much of a selection and it was taken over by school kids. We each bought a donut, they were okay, but we decided we would have to go back in the morning when they have all their fresh supplies. The selection was very limited at noon. We then drove around trying to find Mems Pizza, according to Trip Adviser it's supposed to be the best place to get pizza...
BAHAHAHAHA! I wouldn't recommend it. I spent 40 EC on what was supposed to be a medium, but could have been a small. The dough wasn't cooked all the way, and the waitress tried to short change me by 10 EC. The place was kinda sketchy looking, and the staff seemed a little rude to us. I doubt I will be going back there again. I have been into making homemade pizza so I think I will just stick to that, Kyle seems to like it. 

Alright so back to reading for the rest of the day. Here are a few pics from my run this week. I went on a different route. 








This is my homemade pizza. Way better than Mems Pizza.


Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment